Alain Mermoud, President Swissintell
At our 2018 General Assembly, you elected me President of our great association. Thank you for your trust! The tagline for my presidency is : if you think that Intelligence is expensive, consider the price of ignorance 😉
My top three priorities for the association are:
- Grow our member base and member engagement, both online and offline,
- Foster the collaboration between our Geneva and Zurich franchises,
- Increase our organization’s and profession’s visibility to the economic and political audience.
My team and I are working hard to deliver even more added-value to your membership. We want to help our members thrive ! Therefore, our core business will always remain the organisation of top-tier networking events for information professionals and the Swiss intelligence community. Please add the two dates below to your agenda:
I am also proud to announce new features on our upgraded SWISSINTELL digital platform:
- The Agenda section gathers all Intelligence-related events in Switzerland
- The Press Review section gathers over 2’500 Intelligence-related articles with a focus on Switzerland, since 2013
- The Education section (members-only) maps all Intelligence-related education in Switzerland
- The Jobs section (members-only) is a job market where information professionals and recruiters can connect
- The Directory of sources maps over 100 Intelligence-related sources with a focus on Switzerland
Your feedback on these new features is most welcome! Also, stay tuned for news on upcoming features. I look forward to meeting you soon in Geneva or Zurich.
All Swissintell members are kindly invited to attend as auditor the free of charge ETH Zurich course 853-0102-00L Military Business Administration II – Case Examples. The lecturer is our President, Alain Mermoud. This weekly course is starting on September, 18 and takes place every Tuesday from 10am to 12 in the room C33 of the building IFW, Haldeneggsteig 4, 8092 Zurich.
The lecture is in German and the lecturer can answer questions in English or French.
The program focuses on an analysis of hybrid warfare against Switzerland. Three main Topics are highlighted:
- Cyber defense
- Security of critical infrastructures
- Security of supply
The program of the course is organized into 14 units of 90 minutes each. The units combine the elements of lecture (where analytical concepts are taught) and application (where these concepts as applied). Additionally, guest lecturers will hold talks on selected issues on following dates:
- September, 18: Alain Mermoud
- September, 25: Dimitri Percia David
- October, 2: Thomas Bögli
- October, 9: Marc Henauer
- October, 16: Bernhard Hämmerli
- October, 23: Adolf Doerig
- October, 30: Thomas Holderegger
- November, 6: MELANI
- November, 13: Br Alain Vuitel
- November, 20: Hans-Peter Hadorn
- November, 27: Ariel Wyler
- December, 4: Dr. Alexandre Vautravers
- December, 11: Ambassador Christian Dussey
The learning material is based on the following document (click to download).
18.00: Doors opening
18.30-18.45: Welcome message from the GCSP & Swissintell President
18.45-19.30 : Artificial Intelligence: opportunities and challenges for information professionals by Dr Jean-Marc Rickli
Recent advances in artificial intelligence driven by growing computing powers, rising amount of generated data and improvement of machine learning algorithms have led to major breakthroughs. Google’s Deepmind Alphago algorithm beat the second best player of the game of Go in 2016 after several months of training. A revised version of this algorithm reached superhuman capabilities in the game of Go, shogi and chess in 34 hours in December last year. The speed of this technological growth is exponential and the proliferation of this technology in both vertical and horizontal. This raises alarming prospects about the potential malicious uses of this technology and the way to prevent them. A key aspect is to define regulations guidelines for the development of this technology and to find an appropriate inclusive framework of governance.
19.30-19.45: Questions & Answers
19.45-20.45 : Drinks and Networking
Please subscribe on Eventbrite
Antoine Droux et Laurent Haug explorent le passé pour mieux comprendre l’évolution de nos vies numériques.
Source : RTS
This is the latest version of the I-Intelligence OSINT Tools and Resources Handbook. This version is almost three times the size of the last public release in 2016. It reflects the changing intelligence needs of their clients in both the public and private sector.
–> OSINT_Handbook_June-2018_Final <–